Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Round 2 ??

Hello all... My knee was healing quite well and I was feeling great until Monday evening the 25th of August. By about 9:00 pm I was in such intense pain (Galen was at work) I had Chandler call 911 and the paramedics came, evaluated me and Galen (rushing home from work) took me to the hospital. To make a long story short, I was admitted and by Tuesday afternoon I was back in surgery. The doctor was afraid I had an infection but after draining fluid off my knee and draining it during surgery and waiting for cultures - no infection!! That was great news. I had a bleed in my knee probably caused by the anti-quagulant I was taking (via shots in my belly). Dr. Warden did replace the plastic piece that acts as the cartilage because he said that if any new "bionic" part of my knee would have bacteria on it, that could. He also chose to close with 18 stitches. (Yes, I counted.)

So, after another 4 days in the hospital, 18 stitches, I am back on the mend and doing great. I had 2 weeks of in home therapy and started my out of home therapy yesterday. I am pleased with he whole thing and am anxious to have my other knee done but I need to strengthen my surgery knee first.

Thanks for all you comments. Love You all.

3 comments:

Maosi Fam said...

aww so glad you are feeling better!

tara

tRACEE said...

wow thats scary! but at least everything turned out good!

Erica said...

Marcy, I'm so glad that you are doing better, you deserve it!